Sunday, November 23, 2008

Under His Shadow

"I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste."
Song of Solomon 2:4, NKJ



Fruit grows in our lives when we sit under the Lord’s shadow, in a position to receive. It’s fruit from a relationship with Him. It’s for others to enjoy but it’s the fruit of His love to us. His love brings joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control (Galatians 5:22). He makes our lives sweet. Taste and see that the Lord is good.

Do you delight in being under the Lord’s shadow? Or are you sometimes too busy. I know I am. Yet when I come and sit in that place and I don’t rush away, I wonder why on earth I didn’t come sooner because the fruit is so sweet.

The Lord always gives me something fresh when I sit there. His mercies are new every morning and He makes ‘all things new’. He gives me that childlike awe of discovering something beautiful that He’s revealing in my life or in His Word.



well,, yea.. it's been a hard day... (more to a hard month, actually)
Jia you for everyone~!
Gbua

No comments: